IEEE Broadband wireless access workshop (BWA2012)
30/03/2012 Website online
15/06/2012 Details of the 1st Keynote talk
18/06/2012 EXTENDED THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE TO JUNE 25, 2012
26/06/2012 EXTENDED THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE TO JUNE 30, 2012 (Final Extension)
16/07/2012 NEC as Premium Sponsor of BWA 2012
18/07/2012 Qualcomm as Silver Sponsor of BWA 2012
19/08/2012 Acceptance/Rejection messages sent. Accepted papers have to be submitted on EDAS by September 15, 2012. One author paper has to register by the same deadline.
17/09/2012 Acceptance rate of 42% for BWA 2012
11/12/2012 Thank you for your BWA12 participation (40 registered participants)! Click here to see some photos.
AIMS AND TOPICS
There is significant effort within the community to develop more advanced BWA technologies - activities span the wireless domain, ranging from more advanced antenna technologies and cooperative relays, to mesh networking systems and many more: future networks will likely employ some mix of these different mechanisms. New BWA standards are now available, such as LTE-A and IEEE 802.16m. The 8th BWA full day workshop will continue the success of the previous editions, providing a forum for the exchange and discussion of new research results and practical experiences working with innovative technologies in the BWA domain.
This full day workshop (following successful past editions) will be interested to a broad range of topics including, but not limited to, those listed below.
· Incumbent and Future BWA Technologies, UMTS, HSPA, LTE, LTE-A, 802.16x
· Self-Configuring and Self Optimizing Networks
· Repeater, Mesh, Relay, Femto and Pico Base Station based Solutions Vehicular Networks
· Radio Resource Management, Admission Control, Power Control and Scheduling
· QoS and QoE in Mobile and BWA Networks
· Cross-Layer Optimization Concepts and Experimental Evaluation
· Multi-Antenna Technologies, Beamforming, Antenna Selection, Rank Adaptation, etc.
· Single and Multiuser MIMO Techniques
· Cooperative and Collaborative Networking, Network MIMO
· Interference Mitigation, Cancellation, Coordination and Alignment
· Channel Estimation Techniques
· Capacity Planning and Traffic Engineering
· Traffic, Mobility and Channel Models
· Design and Evaluation of Testbeds and Field Trials
· Experiences/Lessons from Recent Deployments
· Interoperability Aspects (Fixed/Mobile LANs/MANs, WANs)
· Micro and Macro Mobility Management
· Multicarrier Operation and Carrier Aggregation
· Spectrum Management, Regulatory Issues
· Cognitive and Dynamic Spectrum Management Techniques
· Broadcasting and Multicasting in BWA Networks
· Green Networking and Energy Efficient Algorithms
· Network Coding and its Applications in Wireless Systems